Sunday, July 06, 2014

Bird Print Skirt




This is a wonderful cotton twill from Santa Fe Fabrics and my trip with the Fiberlies in April.  I fell in love with the bird print and knew it would be perfect in my favorite Marfy A-line sporty summer skirt, #093. 

It's the skirt on the left in the pattern drawing below, without the belt carriers or patch pockets, and lengthened just over 5". 


The pockets I have are kind of an inset apron pocket, copied from an Alice+Olivia skirt.  I've made this skirt quite a few times, never have done the belt carriers, and although the original pockets are a little small in my opinion, I have used them at least once.  I've done other patch pockets and this pocket several times.














Here's the inside of the skirt showing the pocket construction.  



Skirt Front
Skirt Back
Inside Skirt Hem

  The rest of the skirt is quite simply done, with a faced waistband, interfaced of course and stitched through all layers at the darts and seams.















 Centered back zipper with a hook at the top for security.














 And of course a hand stitched hem for invisibility.




7 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Cute fabric with cute pockets!

Rhonda Buss said...

Such a great print and you wear it oh so well :)

Barbara said...

Liana, that is a lovely skirt. Sporty and feminine.

Audrey said...

Wonderful skirt. Such a fun fabric and a clever way to add unobtrusive but roomy pockets.

Vicki said...

Cute fabric! Perfect as a skirt.

Mardel said...

Cute skirt! I remember admiring this pocket when you posted it before. Really nice detail.

Mrs K said...

Such a cute skirt - I love the pocket style.